Scene change at Studio Way
Works are well underway at Studio Way in Borehamwood to deliver “Scene Change at Studio Way” an exciting project made possible by funding from Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF). Hertsmere Borough Council received £62,600 from HLF and contributed an additional £32,000 to the project.
Countryside Management Service (CMS) are delivering the project in partnership with park owners Hertsmere Borough Council. Scene Change at Studio Way will improve access, restore wildlife habitats and interpret the area’s long history of film making.
Tree works were undertaken last winter to open up the path network and to enable access improvements to be carried out. Over the next 12 months there will be lots going on including:
- Improving access by opening up and resurfacing footpaths and linking routes around the site – contractors are due to start in October.
- Restoring wildlife habitats by carrying out: woodland management, restoration of old hedgerows, planting of native Oak trees and removal of invasive species – the first CMS practical conservation volunteer task is in September, if you are interested in joining us please contact CMS on email@example.com. Contractors will be returning later in the winter to continue the woodland management works.
- Creating welcoming and accessible entrances to the park with new signage and eye catching artwork.
- Installing interpretative information around the site highlighting its wildlife and heritage.
- Engaging the local community on practical tasks and guided walks (see event below).
We will be busy throughout 2016 and beyond, delivering this wide range of activity. Keep an eye out and if you’re local, why not get involved and play a part in improving the standard and amenity value of this important local greenspace.
Guided Walk - Thursday 13th October, 10.30am-12.30pm
Join Countryside Management Service (CMS) for a circular guided walk around Studio Way Woodland and Potterswood Park. Learn all about the fascinating history and wildlife of the area, as we look for old trees that made appearances in films and find out more about what exciting things the Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) Project has in store over the coming months. We will be meeting at Denham Way car park.