#TAG Dancing through Lockdown
In celebration of Hertfordshire Year of Culture 2020, specialist dance agency BEEE Creative has developed and managed a year-long dance project, #TAG; with funding from Arts Council England and support from Local Authorities in Dacorum, Three Rivers and Watford. The Project enabled local families with no previous dance experience to find creative freedom in collaborating online from the comfort of their own home. To dance despite the restrictions of lockdown.
The project involved seven professional artist-led commissions including over 64 workshops, engaging over 270 local residents and celebrating people and places across Hertfordshire. Works created include contemporary dance, film, animation, and music.
Photo Credit: Simon Richardson
Highlights of the programme included:
- makeAMPLIFY worked alongside Hertfordshire dance artists, to lead families in the making of a playful community-inspired dance film.
- KAN Collective created a professional and community cast, collaborative dance animation film, inspired by sign language.
- Laura Chiabolotti led intergenerational dance and music group, Improvising Generations, alongside composer Matthew Smith and filmmakers Dominique Rivoal and Claire Loussouarn, to create a dance film all about the reminiscence and recreation of play.
- #TAG’s oral history project, developed with the University of Hertfordshire, created an oral history podcast, incorporating stories from local residents on their memories of play as children growing up in the area.
- Professional artists from a wide range of dance sectors led local dance practitioners in a series of webinars, to support professional development and provided opportunities for mentoring.
- Tim Casson of Casson & Friends developed a local schools project, inspired by his exciting new ‘Alexa Project’.
And so, in culmination of a jam-packed year of activity, Think About It Films have created a final celebration film, capturing all things #TAG. We hope you love it as much as we do!